Ultrasonic Immersion Systems
Ultrasonic immersion systems for any application
Our immersion systems cover a full range from laboratory based high frequency units, through multi-axis scanners for production line applications to tanks over 30 metres long, with multi-channel or scanning array electronics.
Turnkey NDT system design
Systems are designed and manufactured entirely in-house by USL, so you can be assured of a fully integrated system to meet your specific requirements. Whether you need an immersion system dedicated to the inspection of one type of product or a more general purpose unit, we can offer a system to meet your needs.
- Axis configuration from simple X-Y units for flat panels, to systems with 10 or more axes for complex shapes
- Sizes from 300 x 300mm to more than 30 metres long
- Highly rigid base frames of welded steel construction with precision linear guides.
- High quality construction throughout.
- Frequency range: standard immersion systems 1 – 35MHz, high resolution systems 25 – 100MHz
- Exceptional resolution and repeatability.
- Precision manipulators – gimbal/gimbal and gimbal / rotate
- Contour following of complex shapes
- Rotation axes using turntable, roller and chuck type mechanisms, or combinations in the same system
- Pulse echo, reflector plate and through transmission operation
- High speed scanning up to 1 metre/second
- High performance PC based ultrasonics with multi-gate data acquisition
- Single channel, multi-channel and phased array ultrasonic units
- Inherently low-noise and highly immune to external sources
- Windows based software, highly user friendly yet with advanced features
- Simple rectilinear scan routines, with step and repeat capability where needed
- Scan programming of complex shapes by teach-and-learn and CAD input
- Automated self calibration available as an option
- Ultrasonic system operates by “timeslots”, allowing completely different set-ups on successive pulses
- Multi-gate data acquisition using amplitude and time of flight monitoring simultaneously
- Full waveform acquisition and processing when required, with pre and post trigger functions
- Sophisticated image processing and measurement functions